Accra, Nov. 10, GNA - Madam Sun Chunlan, a Vice Premier of the People’s Republic of China, will on Sunday, November 10, arrive in Ghana, leading of a delegation, for a three-day official visit.
During the visit, which is at the invitation of the Ghanaian Government, Vice Premier Sun will meet with President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, hold bilateral talks with her counterpart, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia and attend the launch of some China-aided projects.
A release issued by the Chinese Embassy in Accra, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said the visit was the highest-level since that of 2016 when Mr Yu Zhengsheng, Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, visited Ghana.
It will further promote the bilateral friendship and cooperation to a higher level.
Ghana and China have enjoyed fruitful cooperation for more than five decades, cooperating in the areas of trade, education, aviation, health, infrastructural development, among others.
When President Akufo-Addo was in China on a State visit last year, he signed eight major agreements with his counterpart, President Xi Jinping, on September 1.
The agreements are the:
· One belt one road Memorandum of Understanding;
· Memorandum on Regional Aviation Cooperation;
· Agreement for Cooperation in the peaceful use of nuclear energy;
· Cooperation to carry out Maternal and Child Health Project;
· Framework Agreement on Financing Insurance Cooperation ($ 2 billion Sino-Hydro deal)
· Economic Cooperation on Phase Two Project of the University of Health and Allied Sciences in Ho;
· Cooperation on the expansion of the Cape Coast Stadium; and the
· Cooperation on the supply of police vehicles to the Ghana Police Service.
Vice Premier Sun's visit ends on Tuesday, November 12.